Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ST20-JPI parallel JTAG interface question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JankoMuzyk

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
buffered jtag interface

I looking for anyone who have this tool and can give me any informations whose help me build own non commercial version.(construction idea, photos of internal pcb, kind of microchips used). ;)

st20-jpi

I think that \[ALTERA\] buffered JTAG interface will good too.

I have somewhere the STM schematics, but that one is better.

Last edited by a moderator:

parallel jtag

The question is "not only" to glue some hardware together. Which kind of software do you want to apply to this interface?

e.g.: the Software development package from STM for ST20 procesors (ST20 Toolset) supports only their own hardware. To use ANY (self-build or commercial) different hardware, you need at least to write your own device driver to be able to communicate with the different interface.

There is some kind of "very simple" unbuffered JTAG interface for PC´s parallel port available, which may be set up (dependent of the effort you want to spend) by only some resistors, or (better electrical characteristics) with some TTL driver chips. This Interface will be used by the popular software "JKEYS".

But nevertheless, as far as I know, there is no software driver available, which may help to use that simple "Wriggler" interface in conjunction with ST20 Toolset.

jtag simples

One of possible way to connect your debug hardware to ST toolset is substitute
tcpos.dll (B300 link box driver) by new version. Sources and header for tcpos.dll compile is found at https://www.acfr.usyd.edu.au/technology/transputer/toolsetSupport.html
at the "NT toolset source" archive.
File losgen.h in this archive is complete tcpos.dll export header.
PM me if disasm of tm_jpi_b300.dll and tcpos.dll from St toolset is helpful to your project.
Toolset version of tcpos.dll exported only this functions:
Code:
linkOS_DyAnalyse    100023E0 1  
linkOS_DyClose      10001D60 2  
linkOS_DyCntRead    10002FC0 3  
linkOS_DyCntWrite   10003600 4  
linkOS_DyCopyFile   10002680 5  
linkOS_DyGetWait    10003820 6  
linkOS_DyMaxPkt     100024F0 7  
linkOS_DyOpen       10001000 8  
linkOS_DyPeek       10003850 9  
linkOS_DyPoke       10003B90 10 
linkOS_DyReadRaw    100027D0 11 
linkOS_DyReset      100022D0 12 
linkOS_DySetCntRead 10002F80 13 
linkOS_DySetMode    10002520 14 
linkOS_DyWriteRaw   10003340 15 
start               100043F0
Compare it to losgen.h exported function.
At the other hand simple hardware implementation (74hc244 at LPT) is to slow
to comfort debugging (try Jtango tools for checked system busy when brakepoint waiting procedure is run). Some ideas for USB debug hardware with CPLD JTAG serializer for high speed operation are present.

st20-jpi schematic

I'm working on reverse engineering original st20 toolset drivers and dll's for st20-jpi, and i think this is good way to reconstruct this interface. I do not have write own software for my interface, i have build tool that can be used with original soft. It seems to me that this interface isn't very complicated, but i never saw original tool. I also looking for informations about ST20's Diagnostic Control Unit? (communication via TAP, transmission protocol, DCU register map), anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.