Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SSM2211 SHUTDOWN MODE

Status
Not open for further replies.

waqas5304

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I WANT TO KNOW HOW CAN I USE THE SHUTDOWN MODE FEATURE OF SSM2211.I HAVE TRIED THE CIRCUIT IN DATA SHEET BUT WHEN THE SIGNAL IS BELOW THRESHOLD THE AMPLIFIER OUTPUT THE POP AND CLICKING NOISE. MOREOVER I AM UNABLE TO CONTROL THE SHUTDOWN LEVEL
I AM TAKING THGE THRESHOLD 50mV.
WAITING FOR SOME HELP ON URGENT

Waqas:
Please read page 17 of data sheet there is an example there is a sample circuit using OP181 which could put the chip in and out of shut down mode automatically.
Hope it helps, other read the data sheet again.

I HAVE READ THAT CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE CIRCUIT .WHAT DOES OP181 DOES.ANOTHER PROBLEM IS THAT I DONOT HAVE OP181.I AM USING TLO74.CAN I USE THAT .IF YOU HAVE USED THIS IC PLEASE HELP ME,I WILL BE GRATEFULL

Please read a few sections of the data sheet and you will get it yourself.
However for your convenience here is something from the datasheet.
In this example, a portable radio application requires the SSM2211 to be turned on when an input signal greater than 50 mV is detected. The device needs to return to shutdown mode within 500 ms after the input signal is no longer detected.
what is evident from the schematic is that OP181 is just another OP-AMP and it is acting as a current sensing AMP in this configuration. you could use TL chip but the one that u have mentioned is a QUAD OPAMP . You would need a single op-amp like TL061/071/081 etc.
And could you please check your CAPS LOCK, its very annoying.

hi
i am happy that you have replied.moreover i am sorry for CAPS Lock.i have tried the same example mentioned in the data sheet with TL074 using its one opamp.but the desired results are not being obtained,i have recalucated all the resistance values but my ssm2211 is not functioning in shutdownmode.i am unable to understand that what is the problem in that .i used the example in datasheet and checked the circuit for 50mv.but to my astonishment the amp was working even at 2 m v.i changed the amp but of no use.if u have used the SSM2211 can you calculate the resistive and capicative values for 200mv threshold for me and check wether it it is working or not .
i will be extremely gratefull if you help me .i am in deep trouble becuase of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back