Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ssd1963 set scroll horizontal area

Status
Not open for further replies.

meysam_abbasinia

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I am working on SSD1963 and I need scroll display data vertically,
now in this driver we have set scroll area command (0x33) that set top and bottom of scroll area, when you use this command and start scroll by 0x37 command all of page start scrolling.
I need scroll part of my display (like scroll a rectangle table) how can I set left and right of scroll area?

thanks

I don't think that you can do this, although I would be interested to be proved wrong. The commands for scrolling are for vertical scrolling only.

unfortunately we can NOT scroll a part of display by ssd1963 commands, I will try write code for it.
memory used is low when you try scroll text.
I'm apprehensive about speed and performance .
thank you.

One speed up tip for the SSD1963 you maybe unaware of, is that it is unnecessary to toggle the CS pin for every command, it is sufficient to just set the CS pin low at the beginning of the program. (observing CS timings for the read and write pulse).

yes I know and do it... now I'm design code for rendering fonts.

I used, https://www.min.at/prinz/o/software/pixelfont/
for designing my 8x8 font, based on the thin font. however 8x8 font is to small on the screen so I doubled it up to 16x16 font. Ideally I think that a 14x14 font with two pixels between lines would be the ideal font size. If you know of a good editor for creating such a font then please let me know.

I use lcdvision software that is part of codevision software. it is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.