Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SRAM Controller for Virtex4 ML403 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

nestor2

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ml403 sram

Hi All
I am looking for a implementation of an sram controller for the ml403 board with virtex 4 fpga in vhdl. The function of the sram controller shall be write data into the sram (type: CY7C1354B) and read these out. I am beginner
in programming with vhdl, can anyone help me please?

FPGA Board: Virtex-4; ML403; XC4VFX12-FF668-10
SRAM: ZBT SRAM pipelined, type: CY7C1354B

Thanks

ml403 zbt

There is a Free IP from Xilinx called OPB_EMC (external memory controller), it can be used for SRAM, FLASH and memory mapped periphals. But the processor have to support OPB Bus. If you are using microblaze or PowerPC, both support OPB bus, if you are using another processor, ypu can search in www.opencores.org, there you can find SRAM controllers with wishbone interface.

I cannot find the Free IP Core called OPB_EMC on the web page by Xilinx.
On the Xilinx web page I've found follow information: OPB EMC (DO-EDK).
My question is, what means "DO-EDK"? I am working with ISE 8.1i Service Pack 3, that is to say I cannot use the IP Core OPB_EMC or did I misunderstood the description "how to download the IP Core OPB EMC" ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back