Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spy program in EDA tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I do not know if it is possible or helps to change or delete any file but several tweak SW can change. I think you can change some of the info without special SW but reccomend to try X-setup from www.xteq.com/
After you have installed the SW you find the info here : System-User Data

For security reasons it is always good to use a firewall, even so with EDA SW...

If I were a large organization and I found that the software phoned home, my first thoughts would not be if I were legal or not, but how much of my IP is getting out to the outside world. If a true hacker found out about the spy software and could explot it, the EDA company would be culpable in the theft of the IP and I don't think that any of the software vendors would want that. Think of the bad press.

phonedrop

trojan horse

This phoning home is part of the software and is usually called a trojan horse. It is autonomous and outside people can not tell it what to do.

corgan said:
Yes,I am not sure it's true or not, but I have ever heard a story about that.
A man were doing his design in home with the
illegle EDA tools, suddenly, he got a phone
call from synopsys, and told him that he's
using the illegle license. Some hours after,
police came,and put him in jail.

This is the biggest joke I have ever heard.......

A solution for your problem :

Move to Romania! Even if they track you using unlicensed software, the birocracy and corruption are so high, that they would rather call and congradulate you for the desicion of chosing their product.
:)))
Rellutzu
Sibiu, Romania

you can use antispy softwares and hope they did not have any inside spy system

in this state you should use ANti-anti-anti..........spy system.:))

rellutzu said:
A solution for your problem :
Move to Romania! Even if they track you using unlicensed software, the birocracy and corruption are so high, that they would rather call and congradulate you for the desicion of chosing their product.

Hi rellutzu,

Don't be a bad boy ! After all isn't that bad...

Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.