Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spiral inductor Using ADS Keysight

Status
Not open for further replies.

OZZAA

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,
I want to design an IC spiral inductor (using TSMC 0.18um CMOS Technology).
I found the spiral inductors of the technology has the spiral inductor(M6 "Blue") and its ground plane (M1 "Green ring"), so I want to mimic this behaviour in my own inductor, as illustrated in the following screenshot.
Untitled.png

According this configuration, How I can determine the correct ports, Should I use diffrential ports (+ve for the M6 and the -ve for the M1)?
if I use this, the generated inductance due to the ground plane (M1 Ring) will be added to the simulated inductance.
i found another design of spiral inductor without using ground plane, as described in the following screenshot M6 "Blue" and M5 "seems like Orange" .
Untitled1.png

Should I use a single ports for this shape?
what is the difference between the two desogns with and without the ground plane?
in my layout, How i can use these two designs?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back