Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spiral inductor simulation program

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlee

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'l using spiral inductor in my RFic design.
what software is better to simulate spiral inductor?what advantages and disadvantages of that software.

thanks.

i'd use HFSS by Ansoft.

it has a spiral wizard which make modelling quite easy. or you can use its scripting language to model your spiral using parameters.

if you understand mesh operations you get very good results in a reasonable amount of time.

D.

thanks.

i check the simulation program via internet recently.i found that most of the people will use the ADS from agilent(momentum). which one is more accurate and ease-to use?

thanks again........

hfss is more accurate

how much i need to pay if i buy hfss from ansoft?
as i know, the price for ADS2004 from agilent is alomost US$8000

HFSS is not a cheap software.
Here in my laboratory, we have two licences and I think it costs about 8000€ for one educational licence each year.

Hi

Another program is Cadence(Spectra), I have used myself. It is very adveanced, unfortunatly the interface is not that easy. If you have used Linux that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back