Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spiral antenna from MATLAB to CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

huytergan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone help me please how to import matlab file to CST? I write a spiral antenna code on MATLAB, plotted it but I don't know how to import it to CST.

Thank you much in advance

Hi,

I do not use CST but I assume there it is posseble to import different file formats. So I would try to save your matlab data in a suitable file format. If an excel sheet import is supported by CST this link might help.

https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/import_export/exporting-to-excel-spreadsheets.html

Are you trying to import a .mat file at the moment?

BR
I dont even really know what to export from Matlab. Should I export the plot or data. But, there's no .mat file import option in CST. However, I see there's a .dxf import option.

Have you considered to work the other way round?

1. 1st build the antenna in CST, simulate, obtain results.
2. If there’s need to, export FROM CST to MATLAB.

MATLAB is a powerful tool, but the built-in antennas library is still quite limited, while CST is a ready-to-use electromagnetic simulator that happens to have an antenna tool box.

Because I have worked with both CST for a patch antenna and with MATLAB Antenna Toolbox, out of curiosity, what problem/obstacle did you encounter that motivated changing simulator?

Regards, awaiting answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back