Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice simulation of Gate Level Netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

akash singh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have post synthesis netlist generated by design compiler. I want to perform spice analysis on this netlist. I don't know how to generate spice netlist and which tools to use. Can someone tell me how spice analysis is performed on the gate level netlist?

Thanks in advance

Hi Akash you can use HSPICE(synopsys tool) or Virtuoso UltraSim Simulator (cadence tool) for your analysis. these tools can convert netlist into spice also.

I'm using UMC free libraries. Can you tell me which files to use as spice models and libraries for standard cells used in the netlist.

Hi Akash,

you have to give spice models for macros , ios , std cells. spice files will be having extension as .cdl and libs will be same as synthesis i guess.

Can you point me to some tutorial.

Hi Akash,

you have to give spice models for macros , ios , std cells. spice files will be having extension as .cdl and libs will be same as synthesis i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back