Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spice netlist from Magma - Model not found /cl013lv problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavanyajagan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Spice netlist from Magma

Hi

Using Magma command
export verilog netlist $library lib.v
I obtained the verilog netlist of all the standard cells in the library.

In the same way I tried
export spice netlist $library lib.cir
But could not get the spice netlist of all the standard cells.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=== PROBLEM ===
Model not found /cl013lv
while executing
"export spice netlist $lib lib.cir"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anybody help me with it ??

Lav

Spice netlist from Magma

Sounds like you don't have spice/transistor level library to use to convert the gates.

Re: Spice netlist from Magma

Hi,

I assume that you are using Magma for place & route.

for logic or functional data part, you might have read the verilog as input during previous stage of Magma design flow, the Place & route tool was able to dump the top level verilog netlists.

but for physicals you might have read in a gds2 / DEF / LEF as input. you need to extract the device & its connectivity from physical database. This is the job of a extraction engine like calibre / hercules - starrcxt / assura / PKS / quartz and not a place & route engine.

I use V2LVS(Calibre) command to convert the verilog file into the Spice file.. I dont know whether it is possible to export the Spice file directly from the P&R tool...

hi..
try this ......

spp -convert -iofile inputfile [outputfile]
or
spp -convert <inputfile[>[outputfile]]

spice to spectere netlist...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back