Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI Slave Select Functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave23

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.
In my current project I use Diolan usb i2c spi adapter - U2C-12 as a master device and several spi slaves. My task for now to call one of the several slave devices at the time which are connected to the master device. I guess in this case the Slave Selection is the right choice. Does anybody know how is it possible to use spi slave selection by using diolan u2c-12 device?
Thanks for the help.

Hi.
Yes, you can use SPI Slave Selection with Diolan U2C-12 adapter. Test this ability by using Diolan Control Panel Application. You can configure this ability in the main menu item “Options”->”Spi configuration” dialog. Check “Slave Select” item and choose slave select pin you need. The Active High function is also available. You can also use slave select functions for your programming needs. There are U2C_SpiConfigSS(); U2C_SpiReadWriteSS(); U2C_SpiWriteSS(); U2C_SpiReadSS(). For more details you can read documentation on the Diolan site. Here is the link to **broken link removed**. The article about SPI Interface is also available as far as I know.

Hi,

I am using two U2C-12 SPI adapter serial connected from two PC. Two SPI application will be running on PC. One is to write to SPI adapter and other is to read from SPI adapter. I am not able to detect any slave device connected to the SPI adapter. SPI configuration settings are same on both side. In U2C_ScanDevices function nDeviceNumber returns 0 even the two SPI adapters are connected.

Could you please help me in configuring this two read and write application on diffent PC having two U2C-12 SPI adapter Is there any jumper settings for master or slave device?

Thanks,

Sen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back