Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI read and save to Program/ Flash memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimbla

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to read the SPI slave and store the data in the 18F452 Program/FLash memory. Later I want to retrieve the data and send it to the slave device to the exact slave location from where it was read.

Thus 18F452 will enable my SPI slave to restore to its last state upon power up.

Can anyone suggest the steps to do this?

Thanks in advance.

bimbla.

Yes there is a good step, if you want assembly, you can read the datasheet and it is there how to use th SPI and also store the Data into the EEPROM but I think it is impossible to store data on Program Memory due to that after burning the PIC that part will not be accesible by write access nor there is a command to write on the Program memory.

Glen

What about the 32K flash memory available on 18F452.
As long as I can load the slave SPI device with the values I want (stored on the 18F452), at the time of power up, I am open to any variation.

bimbla.

Status
Not open for further replies.