Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI protocol

Lexa19

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I have been struggling for one month almost and I have searched on the internet all the information upside down.

I don't know what could this abbreviation mean: "srts" from the following context:

I am using the SPI in order to send/receive information.
"srts_status" variable first contains the result of the IRQ pin value.
Based on this, it then uses semaphores to gain access to specific blocks of code, something like this:

Code:
static inline uint8_t spi_srts_down(uint32_t requiredDelay) {
    uint16_t srts_status = WRITE_PERI_REG(GPIO_OUT_W1TC_REG, (1<<GPIO_HANDSHAKE));
    if(1 == srts_status){
        if(pdFALSE == xSemaphoreTake(slave_down, requiredDelay)) {
            return pdFALSE;
        } else {
            return xSemaphoreTake(slave_toggle, requiredDelay);
        }
    } else {
        xSemaphoreTake(slave_down, 0);
        xSemaphoreTake(slave_down, 0);
        return pdTRUE;
    }
}

My question is, in this case, what does "srts" stand for? I have 2 options but I am not certain:
  1. status register
  2. slave request to send
Thank you so much for your time!

It isn't an acronym I recognize. Possibly it is specific to the system you are using.
As it refers to GPIO I'm guessing this is an MCU rather than some programmable gate array, can you tell us which it is and what SPI peripheral(s) it is talking to please.

Brian.

Hi,

It´s impossible to guess what microcontroller/PLD/device you use.

So please give complete informations.

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back