Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI mid bus termination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpak

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm running at 20 MHz for an SPI SCLK, and the bus I'm using is a 1.8 V bus. I have two 1.8 V slaves, and 8 slaves to go on the bus that all operate at a minimum of 2.0 V for a high logic level signal. I'm using a level converter from Maxim to fix that.

The signals on my PCB are relatively short, ~80 mm, and I decided to run the SPI bus along my board with short stubs to the chips that need the bus. I know stubs are not great, but the size of the largest stub is about 4 mm. I've decided to terminate everything after the last slave with an RC termination to ground for the SCLK, MOSI, and MISO lines.

My question is whether or not I should terminate the 1.8 V section of the bus before the Maxim level converter? I did not decide to do this, but I will add a couple of pads just to cover myself.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.