Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI Interface - Could I interconnect Data Out ( SDO ) Pins ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makif

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am currently using SPI interface to program my pushbuttons. I interconnected all of SDI inputs together and spared as many chip selects as the number of pushbuttons. I wonder, if I could interconnect SDO outputs of pushbuttons as well in order to reduce number of lines from my board. That would significantly reduce the size of my SMT connector ?

Thanks,

Mehmet

What chips are you using? If only one chip is selected at any one time the other SDO lines should be high impedance so it should be ok but you need to check the data sheets.

Keith

What chips are you using? If only one chip is selected at any one time the other SDO lines should be high impedance so it should be ok but you need to check the data sheets.

Keith

I am using this pushbutton :

https://www.nkkswitches.com/pdf/IS15DSBFP4RGB.pdf

I may activate two or more chips at the same time. I need to know if SDO outputs of the pushbutton is tri-state logic or not but it is not specified in the datasheet. Could I implement such a functionality outside the pushbutton ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back