Not open for further replies.

vinothmct

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SPI, I2c , UART , CAN protocols

I have an interview on sunday for SPI , I2c , UART and CAN protocols. Can you guys post question which i can expect? I Can ceck myself whether i have prepared well . Before going to interview .

P.S I dont know whether this is the right section to post this question . Mods feel free to move it

I would consult the internet. There is a wealth of information out there. Browsing Wikipedia should provide you with a well-rounded knowledge of all of the different protocols. Also, if you are being tested on a specific processor, referring to the datasheet for that processor would be useful as well.

Here are two links that talks about the differences between the protocols. Keep in mind that SPI, I2C, and UART are more related to each other than CAN. CAN is an automotive protocol, and is not usually used for on-board communication or to talk to peripherals.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/suggestions/uart-spi-i2c/
https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/37814/usart-uart-rs232-usb-spi-i2c-ttl-etc-what-are-all-of-these-and-how-do-th

Regards,
Willis

Re: SPI, I2c , UART , CAN protocols

what are the advantages/disadvantages of each protocol? for what application areas would you use them?
also USB, ethernet, WiFi, Zigbee, etc

Im also new to this area any one suggest me to enrich my knowledge on communication protocol like i2c, can
if any books available for complete detail with some practical examples(projects)

ok thank U, any one post simple CAN protocol based projects using PIC r ARM

DOUBT regarding SPI.I2C

Say if a slave wants to send an information? say it has a dtaa to send . Can it send? If so how? Or only it can send when master wants to read?

DOUBT regarding SPI.I2C
Say if a slave wants to send an information? say it has a dtaa to send . Can it send? If so how? Or only it can send when master wants to read?
the master is in control - it would need to poll the slave at regular times to see if there is data.
if the slave has a suitable digital IO line (e.g. ADC end of conversion) you could use this to send an interrupt to the processor which would then use SPI to read the data.
Otherwise use something like CANBUS where devices can send messages to each other based on priority

Status
Not open for further replies.