Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speed unsoldering! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewKrantz

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am seeking a way to Unsolder an entire board and be able to remove the capacitors and resistors as fast as possible. Do they make a machine that does this? or does anyone have any pointers on how to do this?

What i have is a box of boards that i want to recycle and take the capacitors and components off to recycle

Please either reply here
Thankyou!

Don't ask for help in private email, the answers can be posted here [alexan_e]

Last edited:

I don't think you will be able to find any such machine, you have to do it by hand but don't consider all the components useful, especially the electrolytic capacitors that are used and aged.

Alex

yes even with hands .. you need to use desoldering station, with appropriate heat...

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

if you remove with hand it may or may not be re-usable, but you can re-use it if removed with de-soldering station...

I am going to melt the capacitors down for the tantalum, and the other components accordingly so i honestly dont care if they are damaged in the process :p

Then a hot air gun should do the jog, not the ones for desolating (there is no reason to buy them for this) but the cheap ones for paint and heat shrinks but you still have to pull the components, they are not going to drop down by heat only.

Alex

I agree, go with the hot air gun, especially if you don't care about damaging the parts/board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back