Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Speed of a moving table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCinfinity

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys, do any of you know any method or device that I can use to measure the speed of a moving table (circle)?

This is a very important aspect of calibration for a ADS calibration.

Regards,
Miguel A. Cruz

use a magnet and hall sensor. fix the magnet to the table and hall sensor to your measuring circuit.

That's the problem, I have no idea what a measuring circuit for this be like?

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Would there be a way to convert the output current to speed?

Rather than measure the output current, count the number of times the sensor is activated in a given period of time. Since one revolution is equal to a fixed distance (circumference!), you have distance and time, thus velocity or speed. A µP could handle all of this...

Ok, so lets say the table has a diameter of 1 ft, and the sensor activated 20 times in 1 minute, hence 20 RPM. What would the speed of it be? Also what is a uP?

mph = (rpm * cir) / (gear * final * 88)

where rpm = engine rpm
cir = tire cicumference, in feet
gear = gear ratio of your car
final = final drive ratio of your car
88 = combines several conversion factors

I found this online, can I apply this formula for my situation? Eliminating the division part?

Status
Not open for further replies.