Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speed Control of DC Motor using PIC16F877?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydell18

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pwm pic 16f877

Hey all i am new to this but i would like to know if anyone has some guidelines or code on how to program a pic16f877 to have speed control of a dc motor.

how to contrl dc motor by using pic 16f877a

Based on the type of DC motor and the number of phases you could generate the PWM signals from the micro controller. Feed the PWM signals such that it satisfies the commutation sequence. IF the motor needs high current feed it through a FET driver. The duty cycle of PWM could vary the speed of motor.

Reactions: gbtalapatra

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

gbtalapatra

pic16f pwm

i am very new to microprocessing. do you have any sample code i may be able to follow?

Reactions: FEYSAL

FEYSAL

how to control a motor using pic 16f877a

There's a good example, Simple as possible.

http://hans-w.com/speed_control.htm

You need: CCS PCM compiler to compile c code to .hex. Then you need to use programmer to burn .hex to pic. You can use different pics also (make sure it got ADC (analog to digital) and PWM (pulse withe modulation)

speed control of dc motor+ microchip

nice...i like but does anybody have any .asm code??

controlling dc motors using pic

If you go to microchip web page and do search on pwm motor control you will find application notes on this topic

check out this one, application note AN899
**broken link removed**

it has asm source code for an 18F chip

George

dc motor by transistor pic 16f877

so i got the motor up and running but now i want to use a photo transistor to undertake speed detection. my question is which of the pins on the 16f877 would need to be connected to the photo transistor

speed encoder pic16f

8 channel PWM software example
**broken link removed**

microc programme for controlling dc motor

How to measure rpm of dc motor using pic 16f877a and please send microc coding for rpm measurement.......

dc motor control pic 16f877

You can using encoder or optical pulse transmitter.

speed control of dc motor using 16f877a

rydell18 said:
nice...i like but does anybody have any .asm code??

Hi,
I have done it with pic 16F873 to control a small dc motor with pot. I am searching my papers and hope to upload it for you by converting the code to pic 16f 877A.
Thanks.

pid controller using ccs compailer program

You need to choose one control algorithm or a combination of:

Proportional
Integral
Derivative

The most complete and complex will be the PID control mode.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_control

assembler pwm pic16f877

There are application notes from Microchip too. Have a look at it. PIC18 series of MCU have built-in PID control. You can use that too.

photo transistor pic16f

Hi rydell,
I have made the program and tested it with Proteus simulation. The program is ok. I am attaching the circuit with the code and schematic and also the simulation file of Proteus. Hope this will fulfill your requirement. Thank You.

Reactions: td06011

td06011

V

dc motor speed control with pic16f877

JoKKeR said:
There's a good example, Simple as possible.

http://hans-w.com/speed_control.htm

You need: CCS PCM compiler to compile c code to .hex. Then you need to use programmer to burn .hex to pic. You can use different pics also (make sure it got ADC (analog to digital) and PWM (pulse withe modulation)

this code is in ccs isnt it? im not good at ccs. can this be implemented in mikroc? can you provide a sample code in mikroc, for a pic16f877a motorcontroller with a encoder

Added after 2 minutes:

Tahmid said:
Hi rydell,
I have made the program and tested it with Proteus simulation. The program is ok. I am attaching the circuit with the code and schematic and also the simulation file of Proteus. Hope this will fulfill your requirement. Thank You.

can you provide the same sample code in mikroc?

pic16f877a pwm dc moter conrolee progame

the code for the motor control using the encoder is same in ccs or mikroe as the output of incoder will be connected to the input of the microcontroller use optiical incoder

pic16f877 pwm proteus

i want to do one project use motor concept..the project is ping pong ball shooter. do you have any similar project?or can u suggest me the schematic of speed motor control using PIC 16f876a that will increase or decrease the speed of motor..

hi ,
i want to make o project: to rotate a motor farword and backward, but i don't know how. i want to simulate in proteus and to program in mplab. so, can someone to help me with a code example?thanx .

Re: photo transistor pic16f

Hi rydell,

thants for that dude..

Re: pic16f

Hi rydell,

Hi Tahmid,
Good job done.

Just a little problem, i have downloaded your package and the proteus simulation doesn't work. i ve got proteus 7.6 version. i had to rebuild the hex file.
Now, in simulate mode, the pic is waiting for interrupt and nothing is hapenning when i move the potentiometer.
Any clue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back