Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speed control of 12v dc motor( four quadrant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lignin

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to control the speed of 12v brushed dc motor(four quadrant). I think ı have to use the pwm but ı cant understand the four quadrant operation.what is four quadrant operation and how can ı do it ?

By using a H-bridge and a suitable PWM scheme (synchronous 2-level or 3-level switching), four quadrant operation will be achieved "automatically". In simple terms it means, that you are generating a variable bipolar voltage that can both source and sink current.

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks for your help.
can ı use the pulse width modulated inverters for dc motor speed control ?

Yes, but as brushed motors are very noisy, make sure that free wheeling diodes are fitted across (or in) the output transistors and capacitors across the motor.
Frank

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, but as brushed motors are very noisy, make sure that free wheeling diodes are fitted across (or in) the output transistors and capacitors across the motor.
Frank

ı search in the internet and ı found this circuit. is it suitable for my aim ? Ads?z.png

Status
Not open for further replies.