Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speech Recognition by Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarang

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey folks,

I am currently doing my final year engineering project. The project is voice controlled home automation.
As you might know speech recognition will play the bigger part in it.
We DO NOT want to use any pre-build hardware or software such as Microsoft one or PC for speech recognition.

We want to build a dedicated hardware for it. So do you guys have any idea about how to implement it. What all components we need? such as micro-controller, DSP or Speech recognition IC.

thanx.

Hi
What we did here in Brazil was to record a set of some 100 words from about 16k people over the country, each one with its own accent.
Then we mounted a phonetic translator that recognizes any person talking.
The pnhonetic lib takes up 1MB
The you put plain text on your application, like yes, no, up down etc...
When someone speaks it decodes the basic phonemes from the table and mount a string. If the string is onboard, ok, if not, then send the problem forward to the server, e.g.: finding a route in a hands free gps system.
Works fine and realy uses a small memory footprint

Can you tell me more about the phonetic translator that you guys used? Was it hardware circuit based or it was software? Well from your reply i understand that it was hadrware...

Also what did your device do when the mounted words matched with the onboard one? I mean for example did it turn something on, off or up, down?

And one last thing can you give me rough (or exact) idea abt the type hardware such as chips, used?

Thanx a lot in adv....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back