Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speech controlled home automation- speech processing on arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav10

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dsp with arm

hi
my final yr project is speech controlled home automation
i was initially planning on performing speaker identification and speech recognition in matlab on a pc and then giving approp command to avr uC.
however is it possible to perform the entire speech processing part on arm processor,say in linux environment?
i have very little knowledge of arm proc
any help would be appreciated
thank you

Re: dsp on arm help

HI

Not sure whether linux it appropriate for running DSP algorithm on arm (since it can slow the machine)

From my point of view you will need to BPF the speech signal and work it via FFT algorithm in order to evaluate the speech components

For the STM32 you can find a DSP library who can priform the task

All the best

Bobi

Re: dsp on arm help

thanx for d reply
but i wud have to connect a mic to the device to capture speech commands and dat would require drivers. so i think that it is necessary to run some kind of os on the arm.

Re: dsp with arm

hey bro m also doin the project on same topic using arm....for dat m searching d availble library functions of ARM for speech processing......dat wud hlp us a lot...bt m unable to find it....so if u get sme idea to implement it..plz leeme knw...n if i get...wud tell u...coz m too screwed up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back