Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spectrum analyzer uwb signal measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttse7

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

First of all, my problem is about using spectrum analyzer for measuring uwb signal and I am not sure whether it is a right place for my question. If not, please notify me.

I use a handheld spectrum analyzer to measure a antenna output of a uwb transceiver. In fact, this is RTU7010 which comes from Realtek. I configure this uwb transceiver to transmit signal and connect the antenna output to spectrum analyzer using a rf coaxial cable but nothing is detected. The datas is 53Mbps in rate, OFDM modulated and time-frequency-interleafed. Is there particular setting needed to be done in order to measure this such high bandwidth signal.

My handheld spectrum analyzer is FSH6. I can use this analyzer to measure IEEE802.11g signal successfully.

Thanks for your attention.

ttse7

Hello,

you should see at least an increased noise level covering the used band. If you know devices total power, you could estimate the expected power density. I don't know the used modulation scheme, if it's pure pseudo random, you won't see any spectral structure.

Regards,
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back