Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spectre has .op function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

always@smart

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

I wanna know if Spectre has the .op function whichi allow us to see the transistor operating region (saturation, cut-off or linear) in Hspice.

If it does have it, how to see?

Btw, don't tell me to use calculation.

regards,
smart

yes.
and you can see in the schematic.
/results/annote/dc operation points

Dear Sunking,

Thank you for your reply. I know that by using >results>annote>dc operation points we can see just the DC point, but what i want is something similiar with the Hspice that in the .lis file (in Hspice) you are able to see all the operating region of the transistor in your design. you do not have to calculate.

regards,

always@smart said:
Dear Sunking,

Thank you for your reply. I know that by using >results>annote>dc operation points we can see just the DC point, but what i want is something similiar with the Hspice that in the .lis file (in Hspice) you are able to see all the operating region of the transistor in your design. you do not have to calculate.

regards,

You can use >results>print>dc operating points and choose the transistor you want. This will give you information for that transistor.

Is the question how to annotate the schematic entry symbol by the "operating region string" delivered by spectre? Should the string be displayed in a text box or should the symbol color be changed depending on the string?

rfsystem said:
Is the question how to annotate the schematic entry symbol by the "operating region string" delivered by spectre? Should the string be displayed in a text box or should the symbol color be changed depending on the string?

Yeah, i wonder if spectre have a function to show the "operating region string" (Linear, Cut-off or Saturation) of all the transistors in a multiple-hierrachy either in text box or in a file. Just like what we can see ".lis" in Hspice. I do not thing ths can be seen by using the method mentioned above.

regards,
smart

dear all,

i finally found it.

it is under :

>results>circuit conditions

regards,
smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com