Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Specifications for sending SMS via PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

davorin

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PSTN SMS Specs

Hello...

Has anybody seen specifications or even better an application note describing how to use the SMS service for fixed-lines (PSTN) phones?

Like how the receiver/sender side could be built....

thx in advance
/davorin

PSTN SMS Specs

is this isdn you are talking about, which could supports outband information sent to user ? I mean there is no way for POTS . Or are you trying to design such?

There are some brief isdn capabilities mentioned :
**broken link removed**

Re: PSTN SMS Specs

No..there is this service here for SMS over POTS...you just dial the POTS SMSC number and you hear then some strange "beeps" (o;

I guess the reception of SMS for POTS phones is similar to CallerID over POTS...

PSTN SMS Specs

So most probably you are about :

https://www.intel.com/business/bss/solutions/blueprints/pdf/bharti_telesoft_sb.pdf
or
**broken link removed**

I think if we are talking about POTS line subscriber interaction principles - that is implementation specific. Probably use ineraction IVR builtin logic done in fixed or Parlay or IN way.

To put some specific signalling they should produce a special terminals to interact with fix line SMSC.

I assume that your question is general as you did not mention specific operator or service example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back