Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spec for High Speed Design Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

psr

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
Could anyone please let me know what are all the general techniques used in High speed board design.
Any spec available to learn about that?
I've worked in pcb designs but not high speed boards.
I am just stepping forward to learn layout considerations for DDR, PCIe, HDMI ,etc.
I would be much grateful if I could get help on this.
Thanks in advance.
psr

Thank you. Let me reach out to the site and check.

Look up
DDR routing or layout
PCI layout or routing
etc
each sub set of high speed layout has numerous design guides, look at the data sheets of the chips you are using and the manufacturers web sites, these will also be a good source of information. Each sub set will have its own requirements for timings, line impedance, branch lengths, timing requirements (length matching) etc.
below is a few useful links...when I get chance I need to update it, I tend to download useful documentation though.

With high speed design it helps knowing how signals propagate and some basic wave theory, ie electrons move at a snails pace 0.1mm/sec approx.

Attachments

• PCB related links.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 119
Hi Marce,
Thanks for the help.
Can I get spec related to DDR routing?

you should refer intel guidlines surely u will get clear data's

Intel's guide lines for what...
Read my post above, I recommend looking around and at Chip Manufacturers sites, there are others as well as Intel.
When you get a schematic look at the data sheets and application notes for the devices you are using!
The link above is to one of the MAIN DDR memory chip producers, you may be shocked to learn that they put quite a bit of info up about DDR design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back