Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

speaker protection circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

thannara123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai friends i want the theory and circuits of the speaker protection circuit please help me thanks

"Audio Power Amplifier Design Handbook" 2nd Edition, by Dougles Self has a chapter (12) devoted to this subject. This is the best reference that I have found.
See also
. "Designing Audio Power Amplifiers" chapter 15 by by Bob Cordell
. "High Performance Audio Power Amplifiers" by Ben Duncan

Most loudspeaker protection circuits usually involve some form of DC detection, and relay isolation. It's difficult to define the point between reliable protection, and false triggering.
One alternative idea was adopted by QSC some years ago, which removed the relays -and the false triggering problems - by AC coupling the output. Effectively using the DC supply decoupling as output DC isolation. Very ingenious! Typical circuit schematic here : **broken link removed** if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back