Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spatial multiplexing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkekk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

I need clarification the below ....

In MIMO antenna configuration, Spatial multiplexing(SM) used i.e. in SM , a input data is split into multiple substream and each substream is transmitted from a different transmit antenna in the same frequency.

My first question is if all the antenna having same frequency, in what way to overcome the interference.
Second, how SM used to get higher data rate if we demultiplexed our input stream?

Anybody help on this....

Refer specifically to chapter number 7 in "Fundamentals of Wireless Communications" David Tse.

Special multiplexing using same frequency is possible because receiver can resolve multiple streams having different spatial signatures.

Spatial signatures are introduced because of signals arriving at receivers following different directions. (they are uncorrelated).

Thanks. i will refer ...

Before that i like to know what is Spatial signatures ?

and how SM used to get higher data rate if we demultiplexed our input stream?

I also need clarification...

Using same frequency at all the transmit antenna in SM , how will overcome the interference from other antennas.

At the sametime how to achieve higher datarate in SM because same data are demultiplexed into N sub stream at the transmitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back