Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

spartan 3e starter kit adc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyfusion

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spartan3e starter kit adc

Hi!

I'm a bit new to fpga-s. I need help or sample code (vhdl if possible) for the A/D module.
I need a controller that initiates conversion and stores the data in a register or variable.

If you can, please help!

Thanx!

spartan 3e kit adc

If you look at the users guide you will see that the Spartan 3e kit already has the code to control the Linear Tech A/D that is on the board. All you need to do is feed the analog signals to the preamp that is connected to the header on the board.

The FPGA will control both the preamp and the A/D. Once the data is converted it is brought into the FPGA via pin N10.

See page 74 of the users guide for more info.

Hope this helps.

E

Hello Psyfusion;

I'm trying to use adc on the spartan 3e now, but I have some problems I couldn't solve. If you find some documents and codes about this subject could you give me?

Status
Not open for further replies.