Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spartan 3E FPGA program failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cffyh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My spartan 3E with xc3s500e FPGA,xcf04 PROM and xc2c64a CPLD come across some problems when programming!When I burn bit file into my board,the ISE show"program successed",the xc_done lighting and work normally,but when I burn mcs file into my board ,software shows “program successed",the xc_done doesn't lighting!
Someone says that maybe I have erased the initial CPLD data,so I try to recovery it.
I burned "original_CPLD_design.jed" into my board,turn up a warning "the idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl file"!(so sorry for my poor English!)
what can I do next?
ps:the CPLD xc2c64a package mode is VQ100

You need the original file of Your CPLD. I am not sure if it is easily programmed. Check the jumper options on the board. The manual of the board should cover it.

Reactions: cffyh

cffyh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The jumper is OK.M0M1M2=000 to choose master serial mode!

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Something strange!The lable attach to my CPLD chip shows that the CPLD is xc2c256,but ISE daisy chain scan shows the CPLD is xc2c64a!

The jumper is OK.M0M1M2=000 to choose master serial mode!

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:42 ----------

Something strange!The lable attach to my CPLD chip shows that the CPLD is xc2c256,but ISE daisy chain scan shows the CPLD is xc2c64a!

Well, then whatever scan chain is showing that is correct. check out in manual whether they have given any source for CPLD file.

Reactions: cffyh

cffyh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.