Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spartan 3A DSP starter platform Download Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

electromaniac

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dsp spartan vs starter kit

Hi all

I decided to buy XtremeDSP Starter Platform — Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Edition

"which costs $295.00" "part #:HW-SD1800A-DSP-SB-UNI-G"

**broken link removed**

but the problem is that it comes with no Download cable

USB download cable is not included and must be ordered separately

and to buy a cable it costs $225 + shipping cost + taxes at my country

My question now is:

Can I use the cable which comes with Spartan-3AN Starter Kit or spartan 3E starter kit to program the "Spartan-3A DSP 1800A Edition " board

or shall I buy a cable

please help

thanks

spartan 3a board usb download cable

You'd better have posted your querry in Xilinx Forum.

hw-sd1800a-dsp-sb-uni-g

The Spartan FPGAs can be programmed with a number of JTAG cables. There is a simple schematic on the Xilinx site for making a JTAG cable that connects via the parallel port. This cable works well and the Xilinx IMPACT software will operate it fine. The simple parallel port cable must be run from a personal computer with a dedicated parallel port. It will not work on a USB to parallel converter.

First question is whether your DSP board programs via a JTAG header or whether the USB cable is programming a EPROM. If it is a JTAG programming situation, then see if you can use the parallel port method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back