Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sparams of multimode waveguide port in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I have defined my single waveguide port to have 2 modes for CP antenna exitation.
but CST for some reason made each mode into separate port .
So i have S(1)(2) type of params
although i only have one port.
What is the physical meening of such S-params?
Thanks.

Last edited:

I don't use CST, but in other software the same is also done. It simply means the scattering parameter at port m with respect to mode n. So for example, you have the reflection coefficient (S11,11) as seen by mode 1, but also the reflection coefficient S(12,12) as seen by the second mode at port 1.

The underlying assumption here is that the modes are linearly independent at the port.

Reactions: yefj

yefj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you ment mode m with respect to mode n correct?
"port m with respect to mode n"

is there some formula the could show exactly the link betwenn those mode?
i am having proble to imagine this
Thanks

you ment mode m with respect to mode n correct?

No, I meant the mode n at port m, with the general scattering form S(m1:n1,m2:n2).

is there some formula the could show exactly the link betwenn those mode?
i am having proble to imagine this
Thanks

They are the modes supported by whatever waveguide you are exciting your network with. In the case of a solid metal waveguide, these would be the various waveguide modes; or in the case of multiple conductors the lowest-order modes would be the multiconductor transmission line modes.

Reactions: yefj

yefj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back