Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sourcing small quantity of resistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamrog

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to source about 2 or 3 of the resistors detailed on this page...

https://ie.mouser.com/ProductDetail...ECQpZvL/WsC7vGYpzKwa5d33oMhB3abgBF2rWlJjUBs75

The resistor here seems to be the right size (2512) and has the correct resistance 50.0 ohms (50R0). The trouble is that seeing as I only need a small quantity how do I order such as small amount? It manufacturer isn't important but the size and resistance are for sure as I'm repairing a board with a blown resistor. I'm happy to order a big kit with loads of resistor values if necessary if anyone knows of such a kit with 1 or 2 of this spec in it..

There are a number of private sellers on the internet. Small volume, limited inventory. They often charge less for shipping.

Check websites of electronics enthusiasts. Some display a list of their favorite parts suppliers, with links.

There are a number of private sellers on the internet. Small volume, limited inventory. They often charge less for shipping.

Check websites of electronics enthusiasts. Some display a list of their favorite parts suppliers, with links.

I've been looking and it seems that I'm unlucky so far. The best I can do is mouser.com who will sell me 500 as they have to order 1000 themselves as they don't have stock. I'm looking for a 50 ohm 2512 SMD resistor and it's proving difficult!

Surface mount has got to be the biggest headache to make repairs on.

Are you sure you can't use resistors with leads? Is 1/8 W small enough to fit?

A resistor kit could be an economical purchase. 50 ohms is not a standard value but 47 is. I think that will be okay to substitute. Or two 100 ohms in parallel.

I got one that was 49.9, actually closer to the original resistor I found out. It's a pain alright to solder the SMDs but I got it done anyway but it hasn't fixed the problem unfortunately:-( There must be something else blown along with the resistor... it's RF circuity, I may be in over my head lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back