Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Source for small steering gears for 23mm dia shaft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

louarnold

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am converting a mobility scooter to a small rover. The front wheel steers the scooter. Its about 7" in diameter, is solid rubber and is bolted to a fork much like the front wheel of a bicycle. The shaft above the fork is solid steel and 23 mm (almost 1") in diameter. The shaft is about 1.5" high. I think I would like a spur gear with a hub with a set screw to fit the shaft and a worm gear to drive it. I have yet to determine the mounting arrangements of the drive system. The gear is intended to turn the front dear to steer the scooter.

I wanted to know a good source for gears and drive systems, in Canada if possible, the closer to Ottawa, Ontario, the better.

Any better or cheaper suggestions for a steering mechanism would be welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back