Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

source code converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewingong

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convertor from c++ builder to vc++

To All,
Is it possible to convert one source code for diferent language to another?
for example having a source code for borland C++ and convert it to VC++ code for a biginer of VC++. and compile it using VC++compiler

all in one source code converter

C++ is C++ so both compilers should be able to compile the core code without problems.

The trouble will be the GUI. Borland uses it's own VCL (Visual Component library) and Microsoft uses it's window foundation clases. You will have to rewrite all the code that does windows, check boxes, radio buttons, messages etc.
Might be easier to start fresh in Visual studio and just port the code that does the core algorythms.
Borland can import a Visual Studio project and convert it (nearly!) to a Borland Builder project. I dont think the reverse is true.
You could always download C++Builder 2006 from Code Central, a free download, to compile the code.

vcl.h download

Thanks btbass,
But this is the case i'm still learnig VC++ 2008 version, and my end of semester defend is approaching fast. I designing a project on dc motor control and monitoring using the database information system .I'm going to use the parallel port of PC. I have designe the external hardware circuit , but my problem is writing the program to interface the circuit with my PC and writing to the database also.
A friend gave me a source code that someone has use to do a similar project, but it is in BOrlandC++ and I have stated learnig but VC++. I'm having problem interpreting the source code. Not only I want the circuit to work,but i have to understand what the code is doing at each level of the program.
If you can help me interpret the cod for me i'll be verry happy.
I tried copiling it using the VC++ copiler, its shows one error at the level of
#include<vcl.h>

converting from borland to vs

#include<vcl.h>

This is the Borland 'Visual Component Library' which does not exist in VC++.
A lot of the code in the program will makes calls to and need the VCL, so you are faced with an uphill struggle.

If you would like to post the snippets of code that you are having trouble with, I'm sure the members of the eda forum and myself will try to help you understand it.

In my own personal opinion, I much prefer Borland Builder to Visual Studio.
For your run of the mill application, a lot less complex and easier to learn.

borland converter

hi btbass

many thanks

sources code converter

Hi btbass,
Find attached a copy of the code.
Thanks while waiting for you reply.[/code]

halfway there program source code borland

To build and run this program you would also need these files,

#include "program.h"
#include "Unit2.h"
#include "print.h"

And the program links to this file,

#pragma link "DLPortIO"

which is a hardware port I/O driver.

The program generates a form with buttons on it. To know what choices the buttons give you would need the resource file,

#pragma resource"*.dfm"

The program doesn't do a lot but manipulate the I/O port in response to button clicks.
A call such as this,

DLPortIO1->Port(0x37A) = DLPortIO1->Port(0x37A) & 0xDF;

clears bit 5 of the port, and this call,

DLPortIO1->Port(0x378) = M4;

sets the port to the value of M4, which has been initialized to 0xe8.

To fully understand the code, you would have to know what is connected to the port and its functions.

If I were you I would scrap this and start agin. You just need the 'DLPortIO' file to manipulate the I/O port to suit the application.

c++ builder 6 dlportio

Thanks My Boss Btbass,
Please i'm block because i haven't realy graps the c++ builder concept but i believe with someone like you can go through this project.
I just need to explain to you what i'm doing and probably the design cicuit diagam for you to get the whole concept.
please if you really want to help me send me your mail address so that we can even emback on this through chat. Please that just my idea, may be you might have a different proposal . Please i really want you to help me don't turn me down pleaseee.

convert borland visual studio

Yes we can help.
It would be best to post your circuit and questions here on the forum, then you can get help from all the knowledge of the members.

source converter c++ -java -voltage

Hi Btbas and other members of the forum
I have given a brief description on how the programming is going to help acommplishe the project.
find attached a descriptive note.

The first thing you need to do is design the interface. Using Visual Studio this should be quite easy. You just need to drag and drop the buttons onto the form and label them and name them.

code converter project

thanks btbass.Yes after that what should i do next

converter code using vc++

You will need to link to the DLPortIO file and try to control the I/O port by using the function calls it exposes. If you can toggle the I/O lines, your halfway there.

borland vcl.h rewrite

Hi btbass,
I'm facing some difficulties!

vcl.h to visual c++

explain what the problem is?

vcl.h where to download

Hi Btbass,Yes my boss i'm back.
I had some diffilcuties becos i had to go out for one month field training.
so i went to sea and i'm back.
also have got a borland c++builder 6 for the project.
please this is the time i need your help and that of all the members of the forum.
Remember i send an explanatory note on how i want the programming to interact with my external circuit.
please start doing some thing for me.

borland c++ builder snippets

Hi Btbas and to all members of the board,
I have gotten a borland c++builder6 , but when i copy the code in the development environment and run it, it give me the following errors;
E2209 impossible to open the file include 'program.h'
E2209 impossible to open th file include 'print.h'
E2141 syntax errow declaration =Tform *Form1;
E2451 symbol DLPortIO1 not define =DLPortIO1-open Driver();
E2141 Syntax errow declaration = Void_fastcall TForm1: : BitBtn2Click(Tobject *Sender).
Please Help me.

I don't know if the borland software come with the inpout32.dll file or i need to install it by my self, if i'm to do that were do i install the file.

If you are looking for a converter that converts C# code to java then i would recommend you to use this App Convert C# to Java. Its a cloud App so there is no need to download or install it, just upload your code and it will be converted to java code instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back