Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SONY SDT-5000 ; SDT-7000 ; SDT-9000 ; SDX-300C ; SDX-45V ;

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekno5

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello !!!! I am searching SERVICE MANUAL or/and SCHEMATICS for the following tape units: SONY DDS SDT-5000; SDT-7000; SDT-9000; SDT-10000; AIT SDX-300C; SDX-45V; SDX-500C. I need this documentation, becausa i must repair a lot
of them !! Please someone to help me to find something.

Thanks to all

TEKNO5

Re: SONY SDT-5000 ; SDT-7000 ; SDT-9000 ; SDX-300C ; SDX-45V

Hello!

To my experience 98% of the SDT failures is head wear. Do you have a good source for the heads?

CU

tekno5

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

This is also my experience!

Hi !!

There is no sufficent help on the SDT-7000 drives in the OEM Manuals. By experience over last 5 years, some helpfull tips I want to give for the problems like: 1.Showing all media as write protect even it is not actualy, 2.Ejecting DAT cassette immediately when inserted, 3.Not accepting casseettes, 4.Huge noise from gear assembly, 5.Cassette oscilating in and out and not ejecting, 6.front window is not opening 7. cutting tapes etc.

There are diffrent sensors in the drive i classified for simplicity as 1) Optical sensors,2) Mechanical sensors, 3) Magnetic sensors.
Due to dust some sensors malfunctions due to this lot of problem arrises. Near front window side there are 3 micro switches at left side and 3 at right side to detect media type DDS-1, DDS-2, write protect, cleaning cassette etc. There are BOT and EOT optical sensors, and mangnetic solenoid type disk break to stop T-real and S-real movement quickly. Maintenance of these sensors will solve number of problems. Loading and threading motor is a DC motor some times it is not a self starting due to corrosion of brush. Just rotate the motor by screwdriver will solve the problem. Ensure front opening window is attached to the leaver. Head signal strength can be found on scope from rf board. Position encoder is required to be aligned with other gears. Head alignment is to be done with scope. Most cases the gear near the loading threading motor slips, causing no tape movement and huge noise, provision is there to tighten it. You may replace broken gears from u/s drive.

Regards
Vijay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back