Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony ICF-PRO80 service manual and solution to audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

acradio

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help required with service manual/circuit diagrams for Sony ICF-Pro80 please. Thanks.

sony icf pro80

Hello, I am trying to locate a schematic for the ICF PRO80. The audio had gone away and I am sure this is due to bad electrolytic caps in the receiver. Can anybody forward a copy of the schematic to me? thanks, Mark Z lowell Indiana

sony icf pro 80

morseman88 said:
Hello, I am trying to locate a schematic for the ICF PRO80. The audio had gone away and I am sure this is due to bad electrolytic caps in the receiver. Can anybody forward a copy of the schematic to me? thanks, Mark Z lowell Indiana

I am having the same problem... if you fixed yours, can you tell me the steps to fix mine?

Thanks, Mike

sony pro80

Same problem here. Very, very faint audio, receiver seems to work fine otherwise though...

sony pro 80 repair

Ditto! All OK, but LOW audio. I will report in if I find the cure... The manual is JUST what I was looking for. I am surprised that the problem is so typical - aging/dead cap?

icf pro 80

My SONY !CF-PRO 80 has worked since new in February 1991 and has recently been getting quieter, until now when max volumn won't provide any sound or at most, barely audible. What's up with this??????????

icf pro80

Hi Folks,

You'll find the solution here

**broken link removed**

Kees PA0RAM

Re: icf pro80

UPDATE:
Web address is now: **broken link removed**

Re: Sony ICF-PRO80

@ worzel
Thanks, I did not know.
Kees

I have a worse problem, don't even hear faint audio, NO Audio at all. Bought around 1990, rarely used, have not used in many years, now no audio on any stations. Appreciate any comments/advice.

I'm on the case. Please see next post by me below...
Worzel

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Hi again. If you are not afraid to open up the unit and carry out a capacitor removal/repair (steady hands needed!) then I found this site very useful:

**broken link removed**

I did a repair not so long back on an icf pro80 and I wish I had recorded it with photos and a write up. I'm sure I could have sold the guide on ebay!!LOL There seems to be a lack of 'photo-guides' around for this type of repair. However, for lack of speaker and earpiece volume problems, the repair is easy and is adequately covered in this link. You'll need to change about 8 commonly available capacitors.
I did come across a chap on the net a while ago (in the UK) who was able to upgrade the unit for me and he was charging a not unreasonable £40 for the pleasure. His website is:

**broken link removed**

Hope that helps! :wink:
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back