Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony GDM5010PT Repair Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhallows

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sony windas

My monitor flyback is dying, (no focus control). I decided to try my luck with an aftermark flyback but for some reasons it doesn't work. My monitor powers up but aterwards the power light turns amber. I put back my original flyback and the monitor works fine, except for the focus problem. Anypne have any advice on aftermarket flybacks?

gdm-5010pt

hi
u need DAS software jig with hardware interface to adjust the monitor focus
regards

sony windas download

hi
u need DAS software jig with hardware interface to adjust the monitor focus
regards

I know you need DAS to adjust the brightness but the focus is on the flyback. Did you ever use DAS for a flyback replacement?

windas sony

hi mate
for sony and many other monitors there's another dynamic focus circuits and s-corrections .. i didn't use DAS cause i don't have or built the hardware interface needed for it , simply try to get a good eeprom dump
regards

das cable sony

Just to let you know sony windas didn't fix the problem. I think the replacement flyback is just defective.

windas

Hi, incase anyone wants to know how to use Sony DAS, Sony WinDAS , Sony Win DAS. And how to build the cable to interface from cheap common parts (<$15 on jameco) (just a simple RS232<>ttl cable, common cellphone data cable)(Sony calls it an ECS cable)

http://www.geocities.com/gregua/windas/

Is my howto! It exlpains how to freely download, install, configure and use windas!
Works on almost all sony monitors!
goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.