Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony GDM-2038 monitor shows only pink

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHEX

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gdm-2038

Hello!!!
First time posting :p
I have an old gdm 2038 trinitron monitor with a fault.
THe problem is, the picture shows pink. From my (very little) knowledge on monitors, I am not assuming the green gun is dead because green does still display but it is very dark.
This screen doesn't appear to have a standard circuit layout but I located 3 pots at the back but they did nothing to any of the colours when i tried adjusting them.
Another problem I had earlier was vertical rolling, but i resoldered some dry joints on this same circuit board at the back and the problem dissapeared.
I have also checked the rgb cable and tried replacing with a salvaged vga lead from old mon, but no luck...
From this, can anyone tell me how i might bring back my green?
Does anyone have a manual for the gdm 2038?
I think this is a very old model, possibly 10 years old but it would be nice to get it going because the focus and brightness are in resonably condition.

Cheers,
mik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back