Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sonnet/MWO EM Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_duke

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys!

First of all I apologize If a simillar topic exist, but I tried my best to find something flying around, but had no luck.
I am currently evaluating Sonnet Lite and AWR Microwave Office ( Full Software with no limitations, granted by Sales Rep for 3 months). I did the first examples and simulated a few hairpin filters and wilikinson dividers, but now I want to move on to antenna simulation. I did a patchantenna in Sonnet which worked quite well. The next step I'd like to take is a folded dipole (explained here : https://images.google.de/imgres?img...ved=0ahUKEwiHjca8o53LAhWmJZoKHTPGAZoQrQMIHjAA)

But how do I get a "coaxial" feed in Sonnet or MWO? I think in Sonnet a blind via would do this trick? Am I right?
Just to clarify: I want a feed method where I can simulate both halfs of a dipole simultaneously.

Thanks in advance!

BR Lukas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back