Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sonnet EM Simulator 9.52 for MWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinuous

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The new Sonnet Simulator version 9.52 will be able to be launched directly from Microwave Office. This feature is very interesting and useful, especially for those people who use MWO often.

Also, there is suppost to be some new solving methods and they are claiming to be the most accurate planer simulator especially when it comes to curved lines.

I suppose we will find out soon enough if this ic correce. I do not think v 9.52 is released yet, but lets watch for it.

sonnet 9.52

Forget about the accuracy claim of Sonnet if you are trying to model curved or inclined geometries, or antennas....

Isn't AWR's EMsight competing with Sonnet's EM, so why MWOffice provides a container for linking with Sonnet? Something smells dangerous here. Looks like AWR is trying to make itself a standard, something like Windos to all those windows applications.

sonnet simulator

AWR knows there EM Sight planar simulator is not very good. It is a good move for them to allow other solvers. The truth is even Agilent ADS is making it possible to launch other solvers. There is a way to link to Sonnet with ADS as well.

I think this is going to be more common as these solvers progress. Already it is pretty easy to import from on to the other. Why not edit the model and sove it with whatever software package you want?

I don't really see the link with AWR and Windows except that they use the title "Microwave Office".

As for the accuracy I am not an expert, but I have an open mind and there was a write-up in Microwave Journal about Sonnets new ability to accurately solve curved geometries. I am certainly not going to argue for or against this software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back