Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sonnet and EMsight ??main comparasion and difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbaerf

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

Please comment on
the comparasion of sonnet with AWR's EM sight
some of the things I know such as em sight have rectangular via but sonnet support circular via also....
such as meshing is as well different in both...

what exactly is conformal meshing in sonnet. ...what are the advantage of this kind of meshing over another such as rectangular in EM sight and triangular in ADS momentum.

Thanks in advance
gbaerf

Hi gbaerf,

Here are my comments

A. AWR EMSight is an integrated 3D planar EMsimulator...in the sense it is tightly integrated to circuit simulators...
Hence it is targeted to different applications & solutions ex: RF PCB, MIC & MMIC
circuit design analysis...Since it is based on MOM & it is a sheilded / closed box simulator it has some advantages / disadvatages...
Good for determining cross-coupling with high dynamic range (-80dB)

B. Sonnet is a dedicated 3D planar EM simulator (MOM & Closed/sheilded sim)...
Hence it has lot of capabilities for EM analysis, which are not available in EMSight or Momentum such as ABS algorithm, Conformal mesh, Thick metal option , etc....
Also it is very fast & accurate...Hence even Agilent & AWR provide an interface to this simulator...

find attached document on conformal mesh in detail

I also suggest you to go through the following EDA board posting for more details...

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back