Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sonar signal generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepkiranv

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone suggest me on whether sonar signal generation is a good area of research or not?

Sonar is like underwater radar. It's used in military, also in mapping bodies of water, and it helps fishermen find fish.

Does your question also include open air sensing? Ultrasonic sensing is widely used in range-finding, traffic detection and in robot projects to detect obstacles.

Thanks for the reply. I need underwater applications. I need to pick a research topic for my Ph.d work. This domain is new to me.

Sonar is used by animals too, with such expertise as to baffle researchers. There is opportunity for breakthroughs to be made.
Dolphins emit sonar clicks toward other creatures, allowing them to 'see' inside their bodies, discern maladies, etc. They locate edible creatures under the sand.
Researchers have only started to decipher how they communicate via sonar clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back