Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Someone use Ultiboard 7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkbs

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ultiboard 7

Hi to all,
someone use Ultiboard 7 ?
I have seen on web site that it have many new features, is realy
improved (no crash,not slow place...) ?

MKBS 8)

www.electronicworkbench.com

What is Ultiboard ?
Would you mention these new features that you have seen it the web site.

Or could you give that link ?

pad ultiboard

The site is:
http://www.electronicworkbench.com (or u can search "ultiboard" on search engine).
New feature are : Push&shove trace, High-speed constraint driven layout, bus routing...

custom footprint ultiboard

It has not changed that much, sorry :(

hi, m using Ultiboard 7

but m not impressed looking for best pcb designer which would design from 1 layer to 4 or 5 layer...

and routing must be fast ultiboard is slow..

I had a student who tried to use Ultiboard for a project. The project required a custom footprint for an IC. When he sent the files out to a board fabricator, they replied that they couldn't handle the Gerber file.

On examination of the Gerber file, I saw that Ultiboard used HUGE multiline macros for the custom footprint. I've never seen such long macros - and apparently the board fab house and its software supplier hadn't, either.

So you need to check with your board fab house to see if they can handle the files. (GerbView could, by the way, so there was no advance warning of problems).

--fred

Ultiboard is not slow

The generated output from Ultibaord is also OK.

But you need to learn how to set up the post process outputs and to define your via and pad sizes correctly to suit the fab plant process.

The one thing that never gave me any trouble in ultiboard was the Gerber output

:F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back