Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

some questions about Astro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seu_noop

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all!
when i begin to load my sdc file which is the outputed file of Design Compiler,
what should I pay attention to ?esipically the clock signal.Should I change some setting ? Thank a lot!

I think you dont need to change setting, but need to know something ...
1. some constraint (command) Astro can't eat, ex: set_max_area,
set_wire_load_mode .... etc.
2. constraint must set to the leaf cell. If You have constraint which doesn't set to
the leaf cell then You can download the get_loads, get_drives
utility from Synopsys web side, and use it in Primetime to write out a
appropriate SDC file.

About Clock you maybe need using Astro command "dbDefineSyncPin" to define the sync pin.

thanks!
But I read some sdc files, i find that the designer add the set_propagated_clock constraint for every clock. and there is no one in my sdc file. Is the file uncomplete? Will this item affect the clock tress synthesis!

before CTS, the clock is ideal for all flip-flops so that the result is not precise. After CTS you should add set_propagated_clock in the sdc file to specify the real clock network latency for all clocks.

by CTS, you can insert set_propagated_clock in the sdc file to specify the real clock network latency for all clocks.

You also can use Astro command to specify the propogated clock. SDC need not be modified.

Can u tell me whichi command can do that? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back