Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some problems in convert GDS to FRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

liuzhe063477

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hy everyone,
i am doing a job which convert GDS to FRAM,but when i stream in the GDS file, i check the cell' CEL view, I can find the PIN' name,but when i use this flow:create library ,stream in GDSII, set port type, smash ,extract blockage ,
i check the cell' fram view , PIN's name do not show on the graph.

Maybe u need to check ur GDS's layer number to make sure it matches ur tech file in Astro.

Maybe the metal text of the pin layer was discarded when u stream in it.

Check Your GDS's Pin text layer .... using metal layer for pin text and using text layer for pin text are different in FRAM view extraction ...

Hi,
Apart of above mention things, you can chcek mapping file also. FRAM view is the Milkyway database and for converting the GDS into the FRAM view there is a mapping file know as "gds stream in" file. In that file every GDS layer is mapped to Milkyway layer. So sometime mismatching in that file also create this type of problem.
Usually this mapping file is provided by the Foundry but I have seen that mostly this mapping file always have some or other problem. So Its my suggestion that always take care of this and check it once.

-Birdy.

Hello !!

I have also an issue when I want to generate the CEL view and then the FRAM view with Milkyway tool, from a layout.oa.

-Step : layout.oa -> layout.gds is GOOD (done through Cadence, File/Export/Stream from layout.oa)
-Step : layout.gds -> CEL view :
when I open the cell, I don't have the M1 or M2 pin metal layers such as "vdd" or "vss" so, when I want to generate the FRAM view, I cannot do the following :
Milkyway> set_attribute [get_ports vdd] port_type "Power"
Milkyway> set_attribute [get_ports vss] port_type "Ground"
arning: No port objects matched 'vdd' (SEL-004)
Warning: no object specified for set attribute on (MWUI-203)
Warning: No port objects matched 'vss' (SEL-004)

So, I tried to replace the M1 or M2 pin metal layers for vdd/vss by a pin text layer and, for the step layout.gds -> CEL view, I see the vdd and vss pin text, but I cannot do the following :
Milkyway> set_attribute [get_ports vdd] port_type "Power"
Milkyway> set_attribute [get_ports vss] port_type "Ground"
Warning: No port objects matched 'vdd' (SEL-004)
Warning: No port objects matched 'vss' (SEL-004)

Indeed, in both case, then I do the Blockage, Pin, Via extraction from the CEL view to get a FRAM view and I don't have the pin layers !!

Some more info :
original layout.oa from cadence Tech kit
target CEL/FRAM with synopsys Tech kit

Tools :
/G-2012.06-SP4/bin/icc_shell
/G-2012.06-SP4_milkyway

Tech files extracts :
synopsys :
Layer "pin_M1" {
layerNumber = 131
visible = 1
selectable = 1
blink = 0
color = "blank"
lineStyle = "solid"
pattern = "blank"
}

cadence :
M1 pin 131 0

I don't understand why I don't have the pin Metal layer in the CEL view.

thanks for any help.

P.

Actually, I think the right methodology is to consider the "M1 pin layer" for vdd/vss and not the "text pin layer", I have a CADENCE abstract view in a library which includes ONLY the "metal pin layer" and not the "text pin layer".

Can someone help me to understand why I don't have the "metal pin layer" for vdd/vss in the CEL view eventhough the 2 technokits (Cadence and synopsys) have the "metal pin layer" defined !!! ??

thanks a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back