Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some basic PCB based queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS-ANI

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
basic pcb

Hello guys,
Currently i am pursuing a High Speed PCB design course and i need your precious help to answer some basic questions which i will post in this thread.
Your answers and discussions will help me understand the subject better.

I hope it won't be a much of a trouble, so if you have answer, please share it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) How does frequency of operation affect PCB design? How does it affect low level PCB design, High speed PCB design and VLSI design?

2)What are the base material used in PCBs and why?

3)explain parasitics in PCB design.

4)Why analog and digital circuit has different Vcc and Ground?

5)can u suggest a good book/notes online to read rules and checklist for good schematic design?

6) Define Tolerance in PCB design.

7)advantage of courtyard?

basic pcb design

This is a vast topic!

The recommended book for high speed pcb design is,

'High-Speed Digital Design A hand book of Black Magic'
By Howard Johnson and Martin Graham.

ISBN 0-13-395724-1

Dust off your maths hat before reading!

pcb queries

I will suggest "Signal Integrity for PCB Designers" by Vikas Shukla that covers layer stackup, design for EMI not covered in other books. Eric Bogatin's "Signal Integrity - Simplified" is also an Excellent book. If you want some timing information, information about ibis modeling then Hall, Hall and McCall's book is good ( Missing name of book).

pcb courtyard

Hi,

if u done mind can u plz share the curriculum of the course

pcb basic material

here is what u need abhi

@pcbdesigner
thanks, i will look for the book.

signal integrity for pcb designers vikas shukla

Let me aswer the question of material. THe most widely used material for PCB is called FR-4. it's composited by fiber glass and epoxy. dielectric constant of Fr-4 is usually between 4-4.5. Impedance control is usually required by high speed applications. Special materials is used in these boards.

Mike
https://www.ezpcb.com

basic material used for pcb

thankyou gundam and ezpcb for taking out time to answer my question.
my classes are over now, but anyway what ever inputs you have given will certainly add to my knowledge.
thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back