Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solutions for automatic button pushing in a telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet_nth

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i need to automatically push the telephone redial button, i searched and the best thing i found is a reed relay... any recomendations? i dont have much time and i was hoping to get some feed back from someone whos done that be4..

Re: pushbuttons....

I think the reed relay is the best solution, it gives You insulation and no problems related to the matrix topology of the keyboard.

bye

sweet_nth

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: pushbuttons....

Reed relay may work fine, but another option would be to use a CMOS switch such as 4066 (4016) or similar.. ( data sheet here: www.eng.yale.edu/ee-labs/ morse/compo/datasheets/CD4066.pdf )..
or if this input is just a simple 0 to Vcc input you can consider a OC (open collector) transistor or an opto-coupler ( **broken link removed** ) ..

sweet_nth

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back