Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solution for converting 10ma to 1.6ma AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeP

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We have a photo eye receiver that operates on 20V 10ma. New PLC only
supplies 1.6ma. Know it's a lot to ask, have line voltage, need to find
simple Solution if posible? Ac to Ac convertion? any sugestions?

Re: AC to AC Convertion

Do you need a 20V@10mA supply that runs from line voltage? I am not sure I understand your question.

AC to AC Convertion

Thanks for responding, I'm helping a co-worker on this. We have a product that runs on a PLC that
suppies 20v 10ma to a photo eye receiver.
having a time finding new PLC that will supply 10ma, most are 1 to 1.6ma or less. the PLC runs
on line voltage, just looking for a east solution?
we might need to just purchase a more expencive PLC to use. Thank Much!

Re: AC to AC Convertion

One option is to select an opamp that can deliver output current of >20mA and configure it as (G=1) voltage follower ..
Here is one example:
**broken link removed**
Another option is to use any general purpose opam and boost it's output current by adding external transistors .. see picture below ..

Of course, these circuits have to be supplied of external dc voltage that allows to achieve full 20V output voltage swing ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back