Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solution for 15V 5A power supply for Toshiba notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joaquim

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need a schematic drawing for build a 15V 5A power supply because the one of my Toshiba notebook burn.
Can someone help me?

Re: power supply

hi
if i were you i wouldnt have tried to do ths because any error in the design could destroy you laptps baterries or the internal power system .
so buy an acadapter quiclkly

best regards

I think that this is a not difficult to be make, all is depend from your skills.
If you want good and compact power supply you must use switching mode PS.
See link below, this is a very good SMPS controllers, in the site you an find soft for calculation, but you must know that PSPU quality is directly connected to the transformer quality.
And ... i not sure that home made power supply will be cheaper from original, but if you want to try this IS is good solution.

h**p://powerint.com/

I think he must by same form shop ......

Yes, i am agree this, but he ask for the schem, and if want to try we can give him the schem.

Hi

Ther´s just what i need but on this web site i only see power supplys for laptops 19v/3.6a. It´s a more easy to find but unfortunaly my laptop works with 15v/5a 75w

This is strange, what is your laptop model, let see what another you can use.

I think a simple linear power supply will be just what you need and can build without being involved in quite tricky SMPS issues ..
Take 16V transformer rated for at least 5A, 10A bridge and 4,700-10,000µF/25V electrolytic capacitor to generate ≈21V unregulated voltage.
Then build circuit based on LM7815, or LM317 in current boost configuration (see picture below) ..
And don't forget about reasonble size heat sink for PNP power transistor (2N2955 or similar) ..
Regards,
IanP

Hi Joaquim,

A simpler solution with fewer parts and much higher efficiency is the MAX724. You need only a small heatsink and it still runs cool.

BTW, Maxim gives free samples! :D

If you have a DC voltage another good IS is a LM2575 series, in your case LM2678, you can see the attached files. But this can use only if you have DC. You need have a transformer and diode bridge with capacitors before this schem.

Hi folks

You´re greats. This forum is the best that i´ve found on the web
It´s forbid but anyway tx for help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back